create GUI linux application

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue May 24 14:12:03 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

>>>Because that's pretty iffy in an open source environment right now.
>>
>>We're shipping Eclipse and Tomcat with FC4.  Those are pretty big examples
>>of things that work in a fully open source environment right now.
>

> Yes, some specific things work great. But are you really saying that in
> general open source Java is ready for prime-time?

While googling for an earlier reply, I found this:
http://ometer.com/desktop-language.html

I was going to flash it up when someone extolled the virtues of C again:-)

The author should be well-known hereabouts. He works for RH, is a former
Pres of the Gnome foundation.

and his name's "Robert Sanford Havoc Pennington." I'd always assume he
hailed from some middle-European country, but no, he just has weird parents.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait