How do I enable nightly yum?

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue May 24 13:55:49 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

> Why wouldn't you know about it, though? Are we talking about the case where
> the new update is applied but there is a power failure in the second after
> that and before the update notice goes out?

What about the case that the box being updated is the mail server?

Or it has the default RH setup of sending mail to the user of the system?

We started out, as I recall, talking about automatic updates. To me,
this means a cron job. Probably, in the middle of the night when office
systems aren't used, when everyone's at home, when download quotas don't
apply (or come from a different bucket).

So, it's not a few seconds but more like a few hours or even days (weekend).

Ample time for the weather to take out the power.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait