squid security issue

Rudolf Amirjanyan rudik at mss.am
Wed May 25 23:39:13 UTC 2005

hello all,

am running transparent proxy on  squid 2.5 Stable7 on fedora server and  would like
the outside world to see the particular IP accessing a site for security
reason. Can I make origin servers see the client's IP address when going through my Squid ?

The reason is that we are ISP, and some our clients are using yahoo mail servers to send Spam, and yahoo has complaint that the Spammer uses our proxy server  to login to mail.yahoo.com .... after all and they have blocked us. now we want find a solution to avoid this kind of things.

or if it is possible to put some rules in squid.conf , so that the clients how wants to brows yahoo or hotmail go directly to that sites, i.e. without using our proxy .

Thanks very much in advance
Rudolf