Replacing Apt with Yum.. SSH:// Support?

Pete Toscano pete-fedora at verisignlabs.com
Thu May 26 02:26:00 UTC 2005

Leonard Isham wrote:

> I don't think yum supports https, but what about using yam yo make a
> local repository and then you can use yum, up2date or apt locally.

Heh... yam... That's a new one to me.  I'll look into it, but the main
reason I'm away moving from apt in the first place is that where Fedora
used to be (IMO) about equally behind both apt and yum, it's been
shifting much more toward yum and I'd rather stay as "on distro" as
possible.  If I really wanted to, I could just keep porting the apt RPM
from one FC release to the next, but if an easier alternative exists,
I'll consider it.  I will look into yam.

Thanks,
pete