Pilot sync/usb question

William W. Austin waustin at speakeasy.net
Thu May 26 03:05:25 UTC 2005

I *know* I had this working earlier but after a disastrous series of
updates with a corrupted filesystem and a complete reformat/reinstall
(someone decided to upgrade *everthing* for me when I wasn't around and
so I got to clean up the machine), I can no longer get a palm pilot to
hot sync.  (luckily apcupsd finds the ups ok, so I know the usb
subsystem is working properly.

Usbview shows the device is there and that palm is connected, and the
modules are loaded properly, but neither kpilot nor jpilot can find the
dev.  The main problem is that I can't figure out (or find) the correct
device any more.  I have tried RTFM'ing, but haven't found it so far.

Any pointers, how-to's etc., would be greatly appreciated.

William W. Austin                           waustin at speakeasy.net
  "Life is just a phase I'm going through. this time, anyway ..."