3C2000-T Gigabit Ethernet Card

Serge de Souza serge.de.souza at gmail.com
Thu May 26 05:52:01 UTC 2005

Serge de Souza wrote:
> Try using sk98lin, that works with 3c2000 not sure what the difference
> with a 3c2000-T is.
>
> Serge

<taken from top posted reply to digest message>
Hello Serge!
I'm using this driver.. but, I've not success to use ethtool or mii-tool
to configure and have sure about my real link speed, I'm believing that
I'm working with no total performance.. gigabit.. and more.. because a
not so good configuration.. I'm not getting success to monitor this
machine with MRTG.. would you have some suggestion?

Thanks since now!

TAF
</taken from top posted reply to digest message>

Please try to reply to the email I sent and not the one in the digest,
and please do not top-post.

On my side mii-tool and ethtool do not work on this card either:

# mii-tool
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Bad address
no MII interfaces found

# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
No data available

My guess is that the kernel driver does not support these. I thought
there was a driver supplied by 3com but could not really find it on
their website (not even the one for the 2.4 you mentioned). There is a
driver on the SysKonnect website (the guys who provide the chipset for
the NIC) and that one supports ethtool you may want to try that one, but
do so at your own risk :)
http://www.syskonnect.com/syskonnect/support/driver/d0102_driver.html

I am not sure about the the MRTG part. I don't think snmp requires the
MII interface.

Boa sorte
Serge