Yum and caching by a proxy server

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Thu May 26 15:06:56 UTC 2005

My FC3 machine at work has been having issues
using yum.  It's the old "metadata does not
match checksum" issue which has been discussed before.
In my case I believe I have tracked it down to
caching on the part of the company proxy server.

The wget command has a feature to tell the server
to turn off caching for a particular request.  I
have been searching the documentation and internet
and cannot find a way of having yum do the same thing.

If not, an alternative would be to find a way to
algorithmically derive the url for each checksum file
and use wget to try to recache the value.

Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer (DMTS)
Lucent Technologies, Phoenix
Email: stymar at lucent.com / styma at swlink.net