Implementing secure FTP server - best package?

Crisler, Jon JCrisler at corvis.com
Thu May 26 15:45:41 UTC 2005

I need to implement a FTP server for exchange of large files with
vendors.  I was going to use VSFTP, but wanted to solicit opinions.

The requirements:

- Support both secure and anonymous connections, and can partition
(hide) info based on user ID.
-Works with browsers for the uninitiated
-Can be Fedora or commercial Red Hat.
-supports auto-passive, or passive FTP by default.

That said, is VSFTP the way to go, or is there something better?  I
don't have much exposure to ws-ftp, but that is an option.

The information contained in this e-mail including any attachments may constitute Corvis Equipment Corporation Proprietary Information that is subject to Non-Disclosure Agreement and cannot be disclosed to any other party without the express consent of Corvis Corporation.

If you are neither the intended recipient of this e-mail nor responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, note that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or retention of this e-mail is prohibited.

If you believe you have received this e-mail in error, we request that you notify the sender by return e-mail and then delete this e-mail and any return email immediately.