firefox bookmarks

Birt, Jeffrey birtj at umr.edu
Thu May 26 17:57:25 UTC 2005

Chipmarks looked interesting until I realized that the bookmarks were
stored on their server, and I could not find an explanation of what else
they may be using them for.  (I know Gmail searches email to tailor the
advertising you see while reading your mail.  I don't have a problem
with that as it is all up front.)

Anyhow this got me thinking and Googling.  I found this Firefox
extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&c
ategory=Bookmarks&numpg=10&id=14  It allows you to save and synchronize
Firefox bookmarks from multiple machines to your own server.  I got it
working via FTP but could not make http or https work.

Jeff Birt
Electronics Engineer
Integrated Systems Facility
University of Missouri - Rolla