Installing Fedora 3 on a USB hard disk;

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Thu May 26 21:00:26 UTC 2005

John Austin wrote / ha scritto on /il 26/05/2005 21:12:

>On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 18:40 +0100, Mirco Scaramucci wrote:
>

>>Hello everybody.
>>As I upgraded my computer to a definately faster Dell Optiplex GX270 I
>>find myself faced with the problem of having no internal room for
>>additional hard drive.
>>Therefore I had to come up with an alternative to be able  to have at
>>present, while waiting for Fedora 4, a dual boot with horrible windows XP.
>>So I decided to connect my spare hard drive via USB to find that fedora
>>doesn't even remotely see it during installation.
>>All   the BIOS settings are correct  and ready for USB boot but fedora
>>still refuses to see it.
>>Has anyone come up with a solution for this?
>>Is there a thread in this forum relating to this issue? If yes can
>>anyone send me the link.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Mirco
>>

>Hi
>http://www.vigla.eclipse.co.uk/
>may help !!!!
>Let me know
>
>John

Mirco,

just writing from an USB Fedora hard disk!!! Tnx to John for his great
help, if you feel comfortable to write to me in our language, do not
hesitate.
Only one remark: I experienced that if you do not create your initrd
with a slightly modified mkinitrd (that I can supply - John should
include in his page, shouldn't you?), it doesn't boot (at least from a
CD, as my USB ports don't boot, due to a flaky BIOS).

--
 Antonio
Mail by Thunderbird 1.0.2 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.0.4