Installing fedora 3 on USB2 hard Disk;

Mirco Scaramucci mircobeaker at hotpop.com
Fri May 27 07:29:46 UTC 2005

I have been trying to install fedora on an external USB2 hard disk but
it seems as if Fedora doesn't even see this  hard disk at all.
Booting from USB devices is definately enabled in BIOS settings, in fact
if I try and install a version of Windows XP, it does recognize it and
offers to install on such hard disk.
In fedora, when getting to the stage where I have to choose hard disk to
install on,  I only get the internal hard disk option.
Is there any work around way of doing this?
I have a Dell Optliplex GX270, Pentium 4 2.25Ghz, 760mb ram, Integrated
graphics, C-Media Sound card.

Thanks

Mirco