No FC2 updates anymore in all repo's?

Danny Terweij danny at terweij.nl
Fri May 27 12:07:40 UTC 2005

From: "Andy Green" <andy at warmcat.com>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 12:27 PM

> | or even better question, what is going to happen if i change all the
repo
> | files from 2 to 3 and run apt/yum with a update/upgrade ?

> You'll update to FC3 -- I have done this.

Ok i changed 2 to 3 did a apt-get update
ran apt-get upgrade -s -V to see first the list and to see any errors.
1 fatal showed up. now running apt-get upgrade -d -V to download all
packages first and look on google to find some stories on FC2>FC3 with apt .
I think next is apt-get dist-upgrade and manual a  latest kernel install

After all the on the on going, shoul di reboot or can i restart the daemons?

> Mixing and matching packages from different FC versions though -- as
> opposed to a wholesale "dist-update" -- is a recipe for pain and
suffering.

All can be solved i think, its just to know what you are doing and
understand all the pain :)
I dont mind to fix "shit". You can learn from it hehe and if all is fine and
FC4 is out then i know what i can excpect :)

Danny