vsftpd hanging after receiving password, pure-ftpd works

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri May 27 14:39:03 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 10:14 -0400, B Wooster wrote:
> I am stumped trying to debug this problem - it looks like a vsftpd
> config issue, does not look like a firewall issue - since I tried
> another FTP server (Pure-FTPD), and it works fine.
>
> Whenever I try to FTP from outside my firewall, I get the "Connected"
> message, then I enter the User, and then Password:
> After entering password, the is no activity for five minutes, and then
> I get a "421 Timeout.
> Login failed.

Check the secure log and hosts.(allow|deny)

Beyond that I switched to proftpd and the completion percentage has
improved dramatically, particularly with clients accessing from AOL and
dial-up space.
--
Multi-RBL Check:         http://www.TQMcube.com/rblcheck.htm
Kill Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm