WEB Cam Server

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri May 27 17:22:54 UTC 2005

Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  I would like to setup a WebCam server for a relative of mine who
> started a kindergarden.
> He wants to be able to see who is comming / passing outside for
> security and ID purposes.
> I thought I could install some WebCam server distro on an old PIII
> machine, connect a couple of USB WebCams to it, hook it to a broadband
> internet connection and - presto !
>
> I thought it would be cool to offer the parents to take a peek at
> their kids while theyŕe napping...
>
> Any suggestions?

Why not get one of the webcams from D-Link and put it on your network.
Granted, they're not cheap, but they come with a full HTTP server built
in.  They even have ones with remote pan, tilt and zoom.  Here's a link
to one that has all that and is 802.11g to boot:

	http://www.d-link.com/products/?sec=1&pid=411
-   The light at the end of the tunnel is really an oncoming train.  -