kernel-2.6.11-1.27_FC3 destroyed my sound configuration.

Erik P. Olsen erik at epo.dk
Fri May 27 21:52:07 UTC 2005

I upgraded my kernel to the subject version on May 24. In that very
moment all sound stopped on my system (only the hiss from the fans are
still there). I can see that modprobe.conf was also changed at that
time. I have restored the previous modprobe.conf but that only allowed
alsamixer to work, still no sound so apparently more damage was done.

I assume I have to reinstall/reconfigure alsa, but why did it happen and
how can I prevent this from happening next time I upgrade the kernel?

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen