managing servers...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sun May 29 01:30:58 UTC 2005

appreciate the info...

however, i wasn't looking at how someone would setup an oscar type of
situation... my issue is what tootls would one use to easily configure a
server/multiple servers...

as far as i can tell.. there are apps that are good at certain functionality
(control panels), nogios, etc... nut you don't have a good comprehensive
tool that would allow someone to easily setup a really good
ftp/webserver/etc.. and know that it's solid...

linux still requires a great deal of hand/command line functions to make it
work...

i'm envisioning an open source kind of app that combines functionality of
the control panel (cpanel/plesk/etc..) with what's going on at sourcelabs...
with the ability to mangage the network.. and all of this fro a gui kind of
interface..

-bruce