My FC3 has no audio

Erik P. Olsen erik at epo.dk
Sun May 29 19:17:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 00:08 +0800, yufan wrote:
> recently i upgraded my kernel from 2.6.9 to 2.6.11.14.later i found
> that the sound card is not making any audio output. the system can
> detect and recognise my sound card but the card is just not working.
> Can some one tell me why?
> thx in advance.

Had the same problem. /etc/modprobe.conf was changed in the kernel
installation process. The original file was not kept so I don't know
what it was changed from but I managed to get sound back by changing the
default setting in etc/asound.conf from card 1 to card 0.
My asound.conf now looks like:

# Generated by system-config-soundcard, do not edit by hand
pcm.!default { type hw card 0 }
ctl.!default { type hw card 0 }

--
Regards,