[OT] Email to DB

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Sun May 29 20:06:34 UTC 2005

On 5/29/05, Michael Weiner <hunter at userfriendly.net> wrote:

> Fellow readers -
>
> I am sure others have run into this, but i was curious as to how others
> are getting email into a database. What i am interested in doing is to
> take inbound email for a few of my users and have that injected into a
> mysql database backend, possibly with some web gui in front though thats
> not a requirement.

I use a combination of procmail and a little script I wrote that
parses an e-mail and inserts it into a mysql database.  At least I did
until gmail came along, now I just use procmail to forward incoming
mail to an archive gmail account.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves