No FC2 updates anymore in all repo's?

Danny Terweij danny at terweij.nl
Sun May 29 22:17:44 UTC 2005

From: "Andy Green" <andy at warmcat.com>

> | This is the list now:
> | --> Finished Dependency Resolution
..
> | --------

> I have to say the machine I took from FC1 -> FC2 -> FC3 this way was a
> clean Fedora-packages-only install.

I use some repo's yes.

> opensc, ppracer, etc is not part of Fedora AFAICT.  So I think it is in
> your RPM database somewhere and not being brought in.  You need to throw
> it out and put it back in afterwards.  What does

> rpm -qa | grep opensc

> say?  (and so on for the other mystery packages)

Not needed anymore, i did yum --exclude ppracer --exclude ....... upgrade.
That did a bunch of upgrades and new installs.
Then i did install (i removed it) apt and did a apt-get update then upgrade
and dist-upgrade.
Then installed the packages i did removed.
ppracer and opensc and some others are not installed. So i dont know why yum
wanted that.
I see still some custom packages with fc2 in the names like wine. but it is
working.
Also KDE still working fine.

I see in ps ax output that some daemons are restarted and it is FC3.
Also i see now the expected /udev/
I did not reboot yet. All is running fine atm and going to schedule a reboot
asap (first i do some backups).

Are there things i should to take a look for before the reboot to FC3 latest
kernel and other new things?
If not then i think the reboot will be fine....

Danny