wireless device

Yuandan Zhang yzhang4 at turing.une.edu.au
Mon May 30 00:15:10 UTC 2005

Chris,

>what device would help ? try running iwconfig..

my device is Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless 2200BG, it looks like having a
driver ipw2200 on /dev/eth1. However, whenI try to activate this device
(via system-config-network), it shows,
interface 'eth1' not found., thus, no way to connect the wireless.

I recall that this device was configured when upgraded kernel from
2.6.10-1.770_FC3 to
2.6.11-1.14_FC3. However, there were some preblom with 2.6.11-1.14_FC3.
I rolled back to 2.6.10-1.770_FC3.

my question, how to reconfigure device or recompile the driver ipw2200
under currect kernel.

best
Yuandan