usb printer - how to make work

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon May 30 20:47:17 UTC 2005

kate wrote:
> How do I get an HP812C printer to work via USB on FC3
> box, please?
>
> scenario
> FC3 box working as print server, and will be used by
> other FC3 boxes, and WIN-XP_Pro box. I should like it
> all to work IPP, not Samba share.
>
> I do recall reading a Fedora posting describing
> usb/dev/lp0 and making a symbolic link; but the search
> results that I have got so far don't find that
> posting, or anything else relevant.
>
> Any assistance appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Kate

> Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new Resources site

Look at the details on http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/

I followed the instructions provided for my HP-BIJ1200DN and was up
and running in less than an hour using cups.  Watch the instruction
for restarting services as required.  I missed it.  One issue that I
need to resolve but waiting until FC4 to spend the time.

--
Robin Laing