FC3 on a VirtualPC needs PPTP support...

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue May 31 21:15:04 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 31.05.2005 schrieb Bo Berglund um 22:46:

> I started out by following the pptpclient site instructions, but I got
> caught at step #1.c (modprobe test) with the message:
> bash: modprobe: command not found
>
> What does this mean?
> bash?
> command not found?

That the command "modprobe" is not in the user's $PATH. It really has
been beaten to death here on the list, the discussion about "su" versus
"su -".

> I did it all from a terminal window where I had used the su command
> first to switch to root.

See above and "man su" for login.

> I skipped to the pptp module in the next step and when I did the rpm
> command I received a message:
> warning: pptp-1.6.0.1.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> b56a8bac
>
> Does this mean that the installation was OK but with a warning or did
> it not succeed at all???

A warning is not an error. The rpm install warned you about not knowing
the GPG key the RPM is signed with. Run "rpm -qi pptp" and you'll see
that the package is installed.

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#gpgsig

> Bo Berglund

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 23:10:56 up 7 days, 21:48, load average: 0.11, 0.14, 0.15