Yum not updating

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:44:37 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 11/4/05, akonstam at trinity.edu <akonstam at trinity.edu> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:28:08AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>>I just tried twice to yum update, but I get this error:
>>>
>>>[root at localhost ~]# yum -y update
>>>Setting up Update Process
>>>Setting up repositories
>>>Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna
>>>failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>>>Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna: [Errno 256] No more
>>>mirrors to try.
>>>
>>>Must I just comment-out Livna? I want to be sure that I update all
>>>that is necessary. What can I enable to replace Livna?
>>>

>>What do the lines in the livna.repo look like?
>>
>>Aaron Konstam
>>Computer Science
>>Trinity University
>>telephone: (210)-999-7484
>

> Thanks, Aaron. It looks like this:
> [livna]
> name=Livna for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
> baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
> #baseurl=http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
> #baseurl=http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
> #baseurl=http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
> #mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
>

> [livna-testing]
> name=Livna for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Testing
> baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn-testing
> #baseurl=http://livna.cat.pdx.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn-testing
> #baseurl=http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/livna/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn-testing
> #baseurl=http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn-testing
> #mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist-testing
> enabled=0
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
>
> Dotan Cohen
> http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/126/concrete_blonde.php
> Concrete Blonde Song Lyrics

If I might add my own two cents/pence/centimes/pfennigen/dinars/etc:

THis morning I attempted my morning update using smart. I could not
raise livna by any channel whatsoever--not by a repo-metadata channel,
and not by the apt-rpm channel that installs with the atrpms version of
smart. Fortunately, when smart has a problem with any given channel, it
just moves on. I suspect, however, that livna has had a bunch of crashes.

Temlakos