Custom rules for spamassasin?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 14 01:35:27 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 13:17 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Note that there is an RFC that says you MUST NOT reject on a mismatch
> between the HELO name and the connecting IP address.  Multi-homed
> servers are not expected to adjust their name to match the interface
> that happens to be used for each connection and it is common for
> servers to live behind a NAT gateway and not even know the public
> IP address in use.

I thought that might be the case.  I post locally though my own
sendmail, which smarthosts through my ISP's SMTP server.  Some of the
mail headers are going to have private (LAN) IP addresses (both my own
mail server, and any mail handlers inside the ISP).

However, you can use such things in the rating of whether something
might be spam.  i.e. The more mismatches, the more likely it's spam.

I read messages from the public lists.