Intel 815 Video Chipset

Bill Perkins perk at iag.net
Mon Nov 14 04:51:59 UTC 2005

Craig Preston wrote:
> I have just installed FC4 on a Dell GX150 that has an onboard Intel 815
> chipset. X does work, however there are all vertical lines that flicker
> and it seems to be a lot jerkier than it should.
>
> I found on some forums to add the Option = "noaccel" to the device
> section of the xorg.conf file, however this hasn't fixed it. Has anyone
> else seen or fixed this problem?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Craig

I have an 815 chipset, and I've seen the symptoms you describe. I had to
tweak the xorg.conf file to get it to work right- make sure the
configuration program didn't put some insane values in the video section.

"The two most common things in the	| Bill Perkins
  universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."	| perk at iag.net
					| programmer-at-large
		F. Zappa		| ALL assembly languages done here.