still having problem...

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 25 22:01:46 UTC 2005

Tim wrote:
> Mattia Forza wrote:
>
>>>i'm still having the same problem...i can't boot from the FC4
>>>dvd...i'm using macintosh and i've burned it with toast 6
>>>titanium...the iso file is ok beacuse i've checked the sha1sum...so?
>>>what i have to do to install it????
>

> A common suggestion for non-working discs is to try burning at a slower
> speed, or perhaps a different brand of disc.  You're mightn't be doing a
> good-enough job of burning.
>
> There may well be some Mac users here, and if they're going to help you
> they probably need you to tell them what settings/options you've got set
> with your burning software.

Try burning on OS X if you haven't. I've tried creating CD images
(backups) on OS X and burning on Linux and found I cannot read the
result on a Mac. OTOH burning with hdutil is fine.

Beats me.

I also had problems with FC4 on OS X. I gave up when I had to google for
"how to get your disk out of a borked mac." (I think it was play with
the mouse while booting).

--

Cheers
John