printer problem

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Nov 1 16:55:24 UTC 2005

Greetings!

	I'm having trouble getting my Epson Stylus Color 980 printer working on
a newly installed FC4 system.
	Using the Printer Configuration wizard I associated this printer with
the default locally connected queue /dev/usb/lp0.  I also selected the
default driver: Epson Color 980.  When I try sending any of the test
pages to the printer I get the error message: There was a problem
sending the test page to 'Epson980' queue.  lpr error -- unable to print
file: server error service unavailable.
	What does this mean and what can I do about it?  The printer worked
fine when I was running FC3.
	Thanks for the help!

Jerry