no certificates!

kwhiskers kwhiskers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:50:46 UTC 2005

On 01/11/05, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:

> kwhiskers wrote:
> > I am trying to digitally sign a document in open office writer 2.0, but
> > no certificates are listed. I have pkcs12 (p12) certificates in firefox,
> > mozilla and konqueror, but not in open office.
> >
> > How do I import the certificates?
>
> Whiskers, I don't know the answer, but when I Googled for it yesterday
> on your other mail I became intrigued myself and am interested in it :-)
> The OO help was no use and the UI does not allow cert import. Do you
> use KDE as I do? Possibly there is a special Gnome place for certs that
> OO assumes you use?
>
> -Andy
>

> --

Yes, I use KDE.

I checked out the oooforum.org <http://oooforum.org> threads on the problem
and they claim they have solved it. They say to install the certificate into
mozilla, firefox and thunderbird (if installed), and better yet, to install
in only one of these and make sympolic links to the others, so as not to
have unsyncronized certificate caches. I have done this. I also installed
the certificate into konqueror without problem.

However, it is not visible in openoffice 2.0.

Perhaps you're onto something, about gnome putting them somewhere else. I
had unconsciously been heading in that direction myself without realizing
it, having even put my certificate into
/etc/pki/certificatesorsomethingdirectory, thinking that this pki has
something to do with certificates, for rpm and yum, I presume, but all to no
avail.

I will boot into gnome when I get home and see if I can find something.

Any ideas?