Fedora 4 upgrade

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 23:18:05 UTC 2005

--- Aivar Kant <aivarkant at hotmail.com> wrote:

> hello everyone!
> I just joined the group and am a bit new to Linux
> enviroment and stuff. I
> have installed a Fedora 3 on my PC but since there
> is a newer version out
> there I was wondering if it is worth the trouble.
> Also if you have
> recommendations for places to download it from.
>
> Thanks,
> Aivarkant at hotmail.com

I've never used FC3, only FC4. And I am still new to
linux; FC4 being the one I choose after trying a lot
of different flavors.

Some may say stick with FC3; I am happy on FC4. Your
experience will vary based on your hardware. I haven't
had 1/10 the problems of some others here. Most of the
problems I do have is simply to do inexperience.

If you think you might want to try FC4 and only just
recently installed FC3, then try it now before you
have too much time invested in either.

get it here:
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/#download
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

And I don't recomend the DVD version. Myself and
others have had problems getting it to work.