compiling src.rpm

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Nov 2 02:59:03 UTC 2005

chrisl at xp.etowns.net wrote:

> I have to apologize, I didn't realize that there were no longer
> packages for Netscape/Mozilla. I usually use Firefox or Opera to surf
> the web so I haven't checked. You can check out the Mozilla Suite at:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/
>
> Guillermo Garron wrote:
>
>> chrisl at xp.etowns.net wrote:
>>
>>> The packages are
>>>
>>> netscape-common
>>> netscape-navigator
>>> netscape-communicator
>>>
>>> Chris

>> Sorry.
>> i tried
>> #yum install netscape-common
>> nothing happens :(
>> or i need to look for
>> netscape-commonXXXXX.rpm?
>> regards,
>>
>> Guillermo.

There are still mozilla packages available. I have the below installed
from development.
rpm -qa |grep mozilla
mozilla-devel-1.7.12-2
mozilla-mail-1.7.12-2
mozilla-nss-1.7.12-2
mozilla-chat-1.7.12-2
mozilla-nss-devel-1.7.12-2
mozilla-1.7.12-2
mozilla-js-debugger-1.7.12-2
mozilla-dom-inspector-1.7.12-2

Under /usr/share/applications - there is a file called mozilla.desktop
which contains an entry called NoDisplay. You have to change this entry
to equal false to see mozilla in the menus.

I prefer mozilla over the thunderbird/firefox seperate applications.
They are still out there.

Netscaspe is a different situation. I believe the new Netscape is only
available on the wintel operating system.

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.