How to take it out?

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:23:45 UTC 2005

On 11/2/05, Horacio Ferrero <horace.linux at noos.fr> wrote:
> How to take out to selinux so I cannot instal neither ntfs nor the
> kernel.
>
> Thaks for your help

If you'd like to continue using SELinux, I'd suggest the following instead:

# setenforce Permissive

Then conduct your maintenance.  Then perform:

# setenforce Enforcing

It's my opinion that it's better to figure out why what you're doing
isn't working with SELinux than it is to remove it entirely.  At
anyrate, if you do plan to use SELinux in the future, do not follow
the advice to disable it entirely.  Instead set SELinux to behave
permissively.  This means that SELinux is still running, still
logging, and still setting file contexts, but is not enforcing any
policies.  If you disable it entirely, you may run into unpredictable
behavior should you choose to re-enable it in the future.

If you do disable it completely and then decide you want to run it
again, use this procedure for re-enabling it:

1. Set SELinux to "enforcing" in /etc/sysconfig/selinux
2. Touch the file /.autorelabel
3. Reboot the machine immediately.

Good luck with your endevors!

--
Chris

"`The enemy we fight has no respect for human life or human rights.
They don't deserve our sympathy,' he said. `But this isn't about who
they are. This is about who we are. These are the values that
distinguish us from our enemies.' - Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona