Unable to clear "Remember Me" passwords in FireFox

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Nov 2 20:44:51 UTC 2005

Thanks for replying.  That was the the correct
question, and the answer was: no.  I had to kill
all firefox browsers; one on the console and one in
the remote desktop. Both were accessing the the same
root-user folder but what was odd was that one of them
had a different profile i.e. I was forced to create a new
profile before I could open the browser so I was thinking
that one profile was independent of the other - apparently
that assumption was incorrect.

Killing all instances and deleting the ~/.mozilla directory
did the trick.  Well, wonders never ceases :-)

Dan