compiling src.rpm

Guillermo Garron ggarron at alketech.com
Wed Nov 2 22:18:51 UTC 2005

Jim Cornette wrote:

> chrisl at xp.etowns.net wrote:
>
>> I have to apologize, I didn't realize that there were no longer
>> packages for Netscape/Mozilla. I usually use Firefox or Opera to surf
>> the web so I haven't checked. You can check out the Mozilla Suite at:
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/
>>
>> Guillermo Garron wrote:

>>> Sorry.
>>> i tried
>>> #yum install netscape-common
>>> nothing happens :(
>>> or i need to look for
>>> netscape-commonXXXXX.rpm?
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> Guillermo.
>>>

> There are still mozilla packages available. I have the below installed
> from development.
> rpm -qa |grep mozilla
> mozilla-devel-1.7.12-2
> mozilla-mail-1.7.12-2
> mozilla-nss-1.7.12-2
> mozilla-chat-1.7.12-2
> mozilla-nss-devel-1.7.12-2
> mozilla-1.7.12-2
> mozilla-js-debugger-1.7.12-2
> mozilla-dom-inspector-1.7.12-2
>

> Under /usr/share/applications - there is a file called mozilla.desktop
> which contains an entry called NoDisplay. You have to change this
> entry to equal false to see mozilla in the menus.
>
> I prefer mozilla over the thunderbird/firefox seperate applications.
> They are still out there.
>
> Netscaspe is a different situation. I believe the new Netscape is only
> available on the wintel operating system.
>
> Jim

Thank you all,

I have installed mozilla suite 1.7.12-1.5.1 but i have to enter to a
page (sysmaster Gatekeeper web config page) wich says that was developed
for IE5.0 or newer.  i was told that Netscape could do the work.

is there any deferences between Netscape and Mozilla?
i have Mozilla and also Firefox.
:)

thanks for your help.

regards,