How to take it out?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Nov 2 22:50:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Christofer C. Bell wrote:

> On 11/2/05, Horacio Ferrero <horace.linux at noos.fr> wrote:
>> How to take out to selinux so I cannot instal neither ntfs nor the
>> kernel.
>>
>> Thaks for your help
>
> If you'd like to continue using SELinux, I'd suggest the following instead:
>
> # setenforce Permissive
>
> Then conduct your maintenance.  Then perform:
>
> # setenforce Enforcing
>
> It's my opinion that it's better to figure out why what you're doing
> isn't working with SELinux than it is to remove it entirely.  At
> anyrate, if you do plan to use SELinux in the future, do not follow
> the advice to disable it entirely.  Instead set SELinux to behave
> permissively.  This means that SELinux is still running, still
> logging, and still setting file contexts, but is not enforcing any
> policies.  If you disable it entirely, you may run into unpredictable
> behavior should you choose to re-enable it in the future.
>
> If you do disable it completely and then decide you want to run it
> again, use this procedure for re-enabling it:
>
> 1. Set SELinux to "enforcing" in /etc/sysconfig/selinux
> 2. Touch the file /.autorelabel
> 3. Reboot the machine immediately.

Also, if you are doing something that ought to work and works in
permissive mode, post the denied AVC messages in /var/log/audit/audit.log
to fedora-selinux mailing list and/or Fedora selinux in Bugzilla.  That's
how these issues get resolved in future releases.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu