Apache Httpd on FC4 screwed up? FrontPage will not work w/o changes.

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Nov 3 00:05:36 UTC 2005

I finally did get my FrontPage extensions installed
but not without being forced to change the apachectl
file (to a previous version).  The apachectl file from the
CD *might* work but I haven't tested that one... I am
using one from FC2!!!

Using the apachectl from FC2 works for start, stop,
restart, and it reports the flags such as -v from which
FrontPage depends on, but the problem is that
/etc/initd.d/httpd will not work on (re)boot so perhaps
httpd script also needs to be reworked.

The point is, that the updates after a fresh install FC4
is somehow the culprit IMHO.

For now, I am using the apachectl from FC2 and changed
the /etc/initd.d/httpd script so that it will work for reboots.

Can someone shed some light on this please?

Kind regards,
Dan