Apache Httpd on FC4 screwed up? FrontPage will not work w/ochanges.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 03:03:35 UTC 2005

Hi

>Ok, so my "problems" started because I had SElinux running and somehow
>I do not have it properly configured so that the apachectl/htppd scripts
>would work correctly, is that it?

It might be that or it might be that the SELinux policies need to be
changed to accomodate something you were doing which does not enhance
the security risk

>I tested this theory out by restoring the original scripts and adding
>selinux=0 to grub, rebooted, and everything worked like a charm.

You might want to disable SELinux protection for only http while you go
further and get your problems sorted out. This is accomplished using
SELinux booleans or toggles.

For Apache,  read this
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/sn-debugging-and-customizing.html

>Until I can figure this out, I will have my box running w/o SElinux.
>Thanks for pointing this out.

You can also post the AVC denied messages from /var/log/audit (if you
have audit deamon enabled) or /var/log/messages

regards
Rahul