Creating a self-signed CA cert

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 13:22:21 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 05:31:23PM -0500, Steven Stromer wrote:
>                                                                   I want
> to create a self-signed CA cert, which is most easily achieved using the
> ca.pl script. This is no longer anywhere to be found, along with the
> demoCA folder that one would normally expect to find. Can anyone shed
> some light on where these files ended up? I can't find them on a search.

The perl script is in the openssl-perl package.  The original split was
needed to keep the openssl package from depending on perl, which isn't
part of the "Base" package component/group.

It looks like the generated data files would now be placed in /etc/CA,
but of course that's configurable in openssl.cnf.

HTH,

Nalin