still struggling with ndiswrapper

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Nov 3 13:50:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 08:23 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
> > one thing I forget about WEP is putting the "0x"
> > before the hex string. did you do that for wep
> > connection?
> >

> Boy, still no luck with encryption. I've tried doing it on the command
> line, through the Network config applet, using the keys-wlan0, still it
> keeps failing to make a connection.
>
> Also, another question. I have a device out there called wifi0. Does
> ndiswrapper include this device? I was playing with madwifi that uses
> wifi0. I'm just wondering if I should try and remove it or leave it.
> Right now it seems to be tied to wlan0. Wondering if it's causing some
> of my problems with encryption.

What do you mean by 'tied to wlan0'?  Does assigning the ip address to
wlan0 also assign an address to wifi0?  or something else?

If both are trying to handle the same physical device then certainly you
should remove the one you are not using.  That will remove the
possibility of interference.  I don't believe the madwifi driver is able
to handle the broadcom chipset you have.