Upgrade FC3 to FC4 and Up2date fails

Andrew Wood andrew at gn.apc.org
Thu Nov 3 15:07:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've recently upgraded from FC3 to FC4. I run up to date, and I have a
panel appear saying the below:

'
Test install failed because of package conflicts:
The following packages were added to your selection to satisfy dependencies:
Name                                    Version        Release
adns                                    1.1            5
python-numeric                          23.7           2
'

Followed by huge number of errors along the line of:

'
installing package openoffice.org-langpack-nb_NO-2.0.0-3.2.1 needs 181MB
on the / filesystem.
'

There seems to be one line for every release that needs updating, not
just open office. These are displayed on a panel and then it stops. The
requirements for disk space for the updates seem way too big.

I'm not sure how to fix it, any suggestions?

Andrew Wood