Looking for an easy way of making a iso DVD

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Nov 3 15:36:44 UTC 2005

Paul Smith wrote:
> On 11/3/05, Bob Chiodini <rchiodin at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>>>I am looking for an easy way of making a iso DVD. Could someone please
>>>give me some advice?
>>
>>k3b will do it.  It's under Tools.
>

> Thanks, Bob and John. K3b seems to be useless, as one needs a ready
> iso file, and what I am looking for, it is a simple way of producing
> the iso file.
>
> Paul

In k3b click on  File> New Project > New Data DVD Project

Drag and drop your files to the DVD window and then when you click
burn, only create the ISO.

Done it and it works.

If you mean a DVD as in Movie with the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS
directories, that is authoring the DVD more than creating the ISO.