Outlook 2000 -> Evolution 2.2.3

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Thu Nov 3 20:42:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 09:14 -0600, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I have finally started the process of converting our office MS Windows
> Desktops to Fedora C4, and things are going great.  I am getting some
> really good comments about FC4 from the users.
>
> I would like to be able to convert Outlook2000 files (mail,tasks,
> calendar, contacts) into Evolution.  I have looked on the list but did
> not find any article for this conversion.
>
> Sure would appreciate being pointed in the right direction if this is
> possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Ennis

Everyone,

So that the list will have an answer to my question I found a reasonable
solution using "devout" which is a vba macro used on Outlook to export a
file made ready for Evolution.

The link is: http://www.wirejunkie.com/freestuff/devout/

devout would not pick up the address book, journal, or task list, but it
does pick up about 99.99% of the mail folders.

Greg