Outlook 2000 -> Evolution 2.2.3

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:11:30 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 14:42, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> > I would like to be able to convert Outlook2000 files (mail,tasks,
> > calendar, contacts) into Evolution.  I have looked on the list but did
> > not find any article for this conversion.
> >

> Everyone,
>
> So that the list will have an answer to my question I found a reasonable
> solution using "devout" which is a vba macro used on Outlook to export a
> file made ready for Evolution.
>
> The link is: http://www.wirejunkie.com/freestuff/devout/
>
> devout would not pick up the address book, journal, or task list, but it
> does pick up about 99.99% of the mail folders.

An alternative for mail folders if you are still able to run Outlook
is to configure an account on an imap server if you don't already
have one, make corresponding folders there, then select all the
messages in a folder at a time and drag them to the imap folder.
Evolution will be able to see them as-is, or you can drag back
to local folders if you want.  If you don't have an 'official' imap
server you can run dovecot on the same box where you are running
evolution.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com