the yum errors latly are increasing, yum now wont work at all anymore

Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net d.terweij at nettuning.net
Thu Nov 3 22:16:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

>Danny, I don't think it's your fault.
>I am also getting the exact same error, for a configuration that always
worked.
>I haven't done a 'yum update' for a couple of weeks now.
>Maybe the latest update to yum itself broke it.

What i do, it never gets a update indeed. By removing a failed repo then
another one gets in error. I tried 1 by 1 to see where it was ending... it
ends in "0" repo's enabled. I only can say it must be fixed somewhere else
but not at user level.

It also sounds that if a new yum package will be released, it must be
downloaded bij hand and installed with rpm i guess...

>As of now, I am waiting for a solution to pop up somewhere.

Me to, and for security updates i do that manual in meantime.

Danny