DSL, gaim and yum update

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 04:16:28 UTC 2005

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks! The following is what I get:

#yum --disablerepo=core --disablerepo=dries update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: dag
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from dag: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from dag: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.

So, I go on disabling one after the other and finally issue the following:

# yum --disablerepo=core --disablerepo=dries --disablerepo=dag
--disablerepo=freshrpms update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
http://ftp.chg.ru/pub/Linux/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (97, 'Address family not supported by
protocol')>
Trying other mirror.
http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (97, 'Address family not supported by
protocol')>
Trying other mirror.
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/4/i386/updates/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (113, 'No route to host')>
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: updates
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
to try.

I wonder what the No route to host means.

But this one works, well sort of (after lots of similar error messages as
above):

# yum --disablerepo=core --disablerepo=dries --disablerepo=dag
--disablerepo=freshrpms --disablerepo=updates update

Do I need to do anything now to make sure the automatic yum also updates?

Many thanks and best wishes,
GT

PS: Wonder the problem with gaim. It is interesting to note that Yahoo!
Messenger works fine, as does using gaim on Yahoo! just after using ymessenger,
but gaim never works for me with hotmail MSN or AOL's aim. It used to work just
fine two weeks ago, with the old modem.

Many thanks again!
GT