Spell Checker not working in FC4

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 05:15:19 UTC 2005

On 11/4/05, akonstam at trinity.edu <akonstam at trinity.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:15:31AM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > During a spell check in Kmail my pet rat stepped on the keyboard, and
> > I don't know what she pressed, but the spell checker closed and I get
> > this error when I try to check (translated):
> > Cannot run the spell checking program. Please check that the spell
> > checking program is properly installed and is in your path.
> >
> > So I opened the options of Kmail and in the spell checking dialog I
> > tried all sorts of combinations (Ispell/ Aspell/ Hspell/ International
> > Ispell, different encodings, different dictionaries), but nothing
> > gives me a working spell checker. Any ideas?
> >
> I would remove Ispell for example and reinstall it. And get a cage
> for your rat. Although I can't see a rat ruining the spell checker.
> Exactly what error do you find in the spell checking?
> --

> Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #19:
>
> Q:  Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
> A:  All my autopsies have been performed on dead people.
> Aaron Konstam
> Computer Science
> Trinity University
> telephone: (210)-999-7484

Thanks, she has a cage. But I can't expect her to live her entire life in it!

The error message is in Hebrew, but it translates to this:
No possibility to run ISpell/Aspell. Check that ISpell or Aspell are
correctly installed and are found in your path.

I have a _lot_ of words that I added to the dictionary. I can't figre
out where that dictionary is, as I have no search option in the
right=-click menu in Konqueror. Otherwise, I would just save it and
reinstall. Are there any other options?

Thank you.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/128/cornell_chris.php