Spell Checker not working in FC4

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Nov 4 15:14:22 UTC 2005

> The error message is in Hebrew, but it translates to this:
> No possibility to run ISpell/Aspell. Check that ISpell or Aspell are
> correctly installed and are found in your path.
>
> I have a _lot_ of words that I added to the dictionary. I can't figre
> out where that dictionary is, as I have no search option in the
> right=-click menu in Konqueror. Otherwise, I would just save it and
> reinstall. Are there any other options?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Dotan Cohen

One then can assume that you are in Israel. Yes? Well in my home
directory there is a file called:.ispell_english
which contains words I added to the dictionary. How about a file:
.ispell_hebrew

But you error seems to indicate that ispell is not in your path. Is it
in your path?     When you do: which ispell
do you get back something like: /usr/bin/ispell

The main dictionary that ispell uses I am having difficulty finding.
But look in the file /etc/wordtrans/dict-org.dconf
Which may give you ideas about this.

But this is still not the answer since ispell works without internet
connection. I used to know where the dictionary was but age it getting
to me. Sorry.

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University