Disk Space Available

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 4 17:24:46 UTC 2005

Ki Song wrote:
> quick question, how do i see how much disk space is available? i'm using
> fedora core 4 without any gui interface.

I suggest you learn how to use the tools Linux has...

$ apropos disk | grep "us.*e"
df                   (1)  - report filesystem disk space usage
pvcreate             (8)  - initialize a disk or partition for use by LVM
quota                (1)  - display disk usage and limits
quotacheck           (8)  - scan a filesystem for disk usage, create,
check and repair quota files
setfdprm             (8)  - sets user-provided floppy disk parameters

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.