Spell Checker not working in FC4

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 19:04:38 UTC 2005

On 11/4/05, akonstam at trinity.edu <akonstam at trinity.edu> wrote:

> > The error message is in Hebrew, but it translates to this:
> > No possibility to run ISpell/Aspell. Check that ISpell or Aspell are
> > correctly installed and are found in your path.
> >
> > I have a _lot_ of words that I added to the dictionary. I can't figre
> > out where that dictionary is, as I have no search option in the
> > right=-click menu in Konqueror. Otherwise, I would just save it and
> > reinstall. Are there any other options?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Dotan Cohen
>
> One then can assume that you are in Israel. Yes? Well in my home
> directory there is a file called:.ispell_english
> which contains words I added to the dictionary. How about a file:
> .ispell_hebrew
>
> But you error seems to indicate that ispell is not in your path. Is it
> in your path?     When you do: which ispell
> do you get back something like: /usr/bin/ispell
>
> The main dictionary that ispell uses I am having difficulty finding.
> But look in the file /etc/wordtrans/dict-org.dconf
> Which may give you ideas about this.
>
> But this is still not the answer since ispell works without internet
> connection. I used to know where the dictionary was but age it getting
> to me. Sorry.
> --

> Aaron Konstam
> Computer Science
> Trinity University
> telephone: (210)-999-7484

Yep, Israel. I must have been on Aspell because I have no .ispell_*
but I do have .aspell.en.prepl and .aspell.en.pws

I didn't know about the which command. I just manned it. I have both
/usr/bin/aspell and /usr/bin/ispell

I do not have a wordtrans directory in /etc, and apparantly I dont
have one anywhere else:
[dotancohen at localhost ~]$ find wordtrans
find: wordtrans: No such file or directory

I'm not sure how the internet connection could be affecting this like
you mention. Now that I know that I was on aspell (I know which demon
to catch) I'm going to spend some quality time with Google. When I
come to a solution I will post back, for the archives sake.

Thanks, Aaron.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/498/violent_femmes.php
Violent Femmes Song Lyrics