Weird Problem with FC3

Winston S. Percybrooks wpercybrooks at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 00:50:53 UTC 2005

> There have been many improvements in the way fedora works with laptops
> in recent months.
>
> Since this is a new install, have you considered trying FC4 to take
> advantage of the newer and fixed features?
>
> Also, you have not mentioned the hardware specifications -- memory,
> video, etc.  That may have an effect.

I tried FC4 three weeks ago, I didn't fully test it because there were
some key applications for me that didn't work at all on it. So I tried
FC3 and those applications run well.

Hardware specifications:
-PIV 2.8GHz
-768MB RAM
-HD 80GB
-ATI Radeon IGP 345M integrated video card (64MB)
-PCMCIA wireless LAN card (I don't think it causes any conflict, because
the problem arises both with and without the card)
-10/100 Ethernet integrated card (I don't use it right now)
-56K integrated modem working with Linuxant drivers.

OS: FC3, custom kernel 2.6.12 (From the sources provided by Fedora, NOT
vanilla kernel)

Regards,

Winston