IPv6 in FC4 - How

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 5 13:40:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 20:34 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> FC3 and FC4 and beyond have IPv6 enabled by accident.

I hadn't noticed until recently that ifconfig showed IPv6 addresses on
my PC.  I had set up the NICs manually, and IPv6 wasn't ticked on, and
thought nothing more about it.  Later I noticed the addresses in the
ifconfig output, so I tried turning IPv6 on and off in the network
configuration, but didn't notice any change in the output of ifconfig.

I haven't noticed any other effects.  Should I bother to do anything
about it?  I don't need IPv6 internally.

I read messages from the public lists.